Two volunteer opportunities are scheduled for the next few weeks. First, we will have a volunteer workday this Saturday at Gallagher Creek Park. See details below. Second, we’re busy collecting collecting seeds and need your help!
Join stewardship staff to collect native plant seeds! These opportunities will be during normal business hours Monday to Friday. Exact timing will depend on your availability and staff availability. If you’d like to help, contact Ben VanderWeide to schedule a time (click here to see contact information). We collect seeds in many of the high quality natural areas, so you’ll probably get to see some new places in our parks!
Gallagher Creek Park Workday
- Where: Gallagher Creek Park. Meet in the parking lot off Silverbell Road.
- When: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 9 am – noon. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Why not? We will be remove non-native invasive shrubs and preparing an area for planting native plants. Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! And food after we finish working!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
We’ll provide water and light snacks. You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.