You can help us keep our natural areas beautiful! Stewardship work keeps going even as the summer winds to a close. Put these Volunteer Calendar dates on your schedule today. Enjoy our parks and meet great people at volunteer workdays this fall. You’ll be working with stewardship staff to collect native plant seed, monitor our natural areas, and control non-native, invasive plant species.
These opportunities are great for individuals or groups! If you’re hoping to bring a group, just let Ben VanderWeide know in advance so that we can provide enough tools (call 248-651-7810). Volunteers should bring water and gloves, and wear long pants and sturdy shoes suitable for uneven terrain.
Without further ado, here are the dates! You can also find them any time on the Volunteer Calendar.
- September 6, Paint Creek Heritage Area – Wet Prairie, 9 am – noon
- September 27, Bear Creek Nature Park, noon – 3 pm
- October 11, Gallagher Creek Park, 9 am – noon
- October 25, Lost Lake Nature Park, noon – 3 pm
- November 8, Charles Ilsley Park, 9 am – noon
A huge thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this summer so successful!
Join us for a volunteer workday to help protect natural areas in our parks! We might be collecting seed to plant in areas where we have removed invasive species.