The spring ephemeral wildflowers won’t last long with the heat! Come out the Lost Lake Nature Park tomorrow morning from 9 am – 12 pm to help remove glossy buckthorn seedlings and garlic mustard to make sure our native plants have space to grow. Check out detailed information below. The workday will be cancelled if we have heavy rain or lightning. Here are a few teaser pictures… don’t miss it!
- Where: We’ll meet in the parking lot near the sled hill. Look for the Parks pickup truck.
- When: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 9 am to 12 pm. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Help keep the park beautiful! We will be pulling glossy buckthorn and garlic mustard. We will be competing in the Garlic Mustard Challenge (https://garlicmustardchallenge.wordpress.com/), so help us get a big haul! Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! The weather looks great too!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.