We’re launching garlic mustard season tomorrow with a workday at Bear Creek Nature Park starting at 9 am. With the cool spring, the garlic mustard may be small. If it is too small to pull, we will work on cleaning up the trails. Hope to see you there!
- Where: We’ll meet in the parking lot off Snell Road (740 W. Snell Road, Rochester, MI 48306)
- When: Saturday, April 11, 2015, starting at 9 am. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Help keep the park beautiful! We will be pulling garlic mustard if it is large enough. We will be competing in the Garlic Mustard Challenge (https://garlicmustardchallenge.wordpress.com/), so help us get a big haul! If the garlic mustard is too small to pull easily, we’ll work on trimming branches along the trails and picking up trash. Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! The weather looks great too!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.