Join us at Blue Heron Environmental Area on Saturday, April 25 starting at 9 am. This diverse woodland supports a variety of native plants, migrating birds, and wildlife. You can help us keep it beautiful. We’ll meet in the circle drive at 3320 N. Rochester Rd. More details below. Hope to see you there!
- Where: We’ll meet in the circle drive at 3320 N. Rochester Road. Look for the Parks pickup truck and a small “Volunteer Workday” sign.
- When: Saturday, April 24, 2015, starting at 9 am. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Help keep the park beautiful! We will be pulling garlic mustard. We will be competing in the Garlic Mustard Challenge (https://garlicmustardchallenge.wordpress.com/), so help us get a big haul! Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! The weather looks great too!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.