With lakes, steep hills, and unique oak barrens plants, Lost Lake Nature Park has some of our highest quality natural areas. We’ll collect some black-eyed susan seeds and work to remove buckthorn and other non-native invasive plants along the shore of Lost Lake.
- Where: Lost Lake Nature Park. Meet in the parking lot by the sledding hill.
- When: Saturday, October 25, 2014, noon – 3 pm. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Why not? We will be remove non-native invasive shrubs and preparing an area for planting native plants. Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! And food after we finish working!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
We’ll provide water and light snacks. You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.