This is your last Saturday workday opportunity this year! The stewardship crew has worked hard to prepare two fields at Charles Ilsley Park for planting prairie seed! We’ll continue this work by clearing old fencing out of the hedgerows, and begin to remove shrubs in trees in other fields to prepare for future plantings. We will also collect showy goldenrod seed. You can take some seed home if you help!
This will probably be the last volunteer workday for 2014! Don’t miss this chance.
- Where: Charles Ilsley Park, 1479 E. Predmore Rd.
- When: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 9 am to noon. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled.
- Who: Anyone! This event is free, with no experience necessary. We’ll train you to do the work.
- Why: Why not? We will be remove non-native invasive shrubs and preparing an area for planting native plants. Come out on Saturday to enjoy beautiful areas and hang out with great people! And food after we finish working!
- What: Bring water and gloves, and wear closed-toed shoes and long pants. We’ll have extra gloves if you can’t bring your own.
We’ll provide water and light snacks. You will need to sign a release form before we begin working. Families are encouraged to attend! All minors will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate, and minors under 14 will need to have a parent or guardian present. We will have lots of fun, so plan to come and share this opportunity with others! The schedule of upcoming workdays can be found at the Volunteer Calendar.